INGREDIENTS:1 teaspoon Earl Grey Tea leaves
2 jiggers gin (3.0 fluid ounce)
White sugar (for rimming glass)
1 wedge lemon
1 jigger fresh lemon juice (1.5 fluid ounce)
2 fluid ounces simple syrup
Preparation time: 2 hours 5 minutes (2 hour steeping time, 5 minutes final drink preparation)
Yield: Makes 1 drink
- Sprinkle the tea leaves over the gin in a small glass, and set aside to steep for 2 hours.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/2 inch of white sugar onto a small, shallow plate.
- Moisten the rims of 2 martini glasses with a wedge of lemon, dip the moistened glasses into the sugar; set aside.
- Strain the infused gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup into a cocktail shaker over ice.
- Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted.
- Strain into the rimmed glasses to serve.