1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate - chopped finely
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate - chopped coarsely
1 tablespoon instant coffee
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
2/3 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup whole espresso coffee beans
5 ounces white chocolate - chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
bittersweet chocolate curls
- Position rack in lowest third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil, overlapping sides. Butter and flour foil.
- Mix butter, finely chopped bittersweet chocolate, instant coffee and cinnamon in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs. Stir in flour. Stir in coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 30 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Remove brownie from pan. Using 3 1/4 inch round cookie cutter, cut 4 rounds. Set aside.
- Bring cream and espresso beans to a simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Cover, remove from heat and let steep 30 minutes. Strain (to remove beans) into heavy small saucepan. Add white chocolate, stir over low heat until smooth. Add nutmeg.
- Place brownie on each plate. Cover with chocolate curls. Spoon warm sauce around brownies. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.