- The risk for type 2 diabetes is lower among regular coffee drinkers than among those who don’t drink coffee.
- A Harvard study found that people who drink 4 cups of coffee per day have a reduced risk of developing Parkinson’s Disease.
- Several studies have found a reduced risk of colon cancer in people who drink 4 or more cups of coffee per day, compared with those who rarely or never drink coffee.
- Adults who drink 6 or more cups of coffee a day would reduce their risk of diabetes by 54% in men and 30% in women.
- People who drink 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day were associated with an 80% reduction in risk for cirrhosis of the liver compared to people who don’t drink coffee.
- Coffee is the most widely consumed antioxidant in the United States surpassing fruits and vegetables.
- Adults with sensitive stomachs may not need to give up their love for coffee. Zimbabwe coffee is the least acidic gourmet coffee available.
- If your commitment in 2009 includes Certified Organic Products, click here: Schuil Certified Fair Trade Organic Coffees
Click here for our coffee brewing tips . . .
Health Benefits of Tea
- Boosts your immune system
- Lowers blood sugar
- Prevents cavities & tooth decay
- Slows the aging process
- Reduces risk of cancer
- Lowers cholesterol
- Prevents Arthritis
- Prevents Cancer
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Reduced blood cholesterol
- Contains vitamins C & K
- Contains minerals magnesium & calcium
- Least processed form of tea
- Higher concentration of polyphenols
- Slows the growth of bacteria associated with pneumonia & Strept infections
- High amounts of cancer fighting antioxidants
- A Tisane is an herbal infusion of herbs, spices or fruit.
- Most Tisanes are naturally caffeine-free and very delicious hot or cold.
Harvard School of Public Health
National Coffee Association
US Veterans Affairs
“Green Tea and Human Health”
by Dr. Itaro Oguni
Medicinal Food News, 2003
The Linus Pauling Institute
“Antioxidants and Polyphenols of Tea”
by I. Dreosti