10 Ways to Recycle Your Used Coffee Grinds
There are actually many ways you can recycle and reuse your old coffee grinds to help preserve the environment and maintain your health.
- Touch up furniture and other wood scratches with grounds and a Q-tip
- Sprinkle around areas where pesky insects, slugs and snails dwell to drive them away
- Mix with soil as a natural fertilizer for plants
- Dye clothing or paper
- Rub into your dog as an organic flea dip
- Use to fill old pin cushions
- Scrub away grease and grime from pots and pans
- Throw on ashes before cleaning out the fireplace to reduce dust from spreading
- Feed to worms to help with your garden
- Mix grinds with one egg white and massage onto face like a mud pack
Recycling is just one way that we can help maintain the natural beauty of our environment, so next time you drink a cup of coffee save those coffee grinds for future use.
By: Trish Smith